Home

No period after stopping Depo shot

Dr. Ralph Boling answered 39 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology Depo provera: can suppress ovulation and period up to a year after last injection, and is expected to suppress ovulation if shots are taken on a 90 day schedule, fo.. No period since April 2020 due to the Depo Shot. Can you still get pregnant without a period? If you're using the birth control shot correctly, which means getting it every 12-13 weeks (3 months), it's highly unlikely that you'll get pregnant. Only 6 out of 100 people get pregnant each year while using the shot

no period after depo Answers from Doctors HealthTa

Amenorrhea (lack of menstrual periods) is a common side effect of Depo-Provera. After about one year (or four injections) of taking Depo-Provera, 50% of women stop having their menstrual periods. 5  This is not a sign of infertility. Usually, your period will return within 6 months of the last injection, but it may take longer If your periods have not returned by 12 months after your last injection, and you are wanting to conceive, you could request referral to a gynaecologist. Simple drugs are available to induce..

I haven't had a period in months because of the shot

Sorry to say but it can take a good while for periods to return to normal. I htad my last depo in Nov 2005 and my first period came back in Nov 2006. They were every two weeks then for three months When you take the Depo Provera shot, your doctor will inject it in their office. If you are able to get the shot within the first five days of your cycle, the medication will start working immediately. You will need to repeat the shot every 12-14 weeks to ensure you are able to get pregnant A couple of weeks ago my doctor said I should try the depo Provera as there's a good chance my periods will end up stopping altogether. So I had my first ever shot 2 weeks ago DURING my period. Now it's only a week since I stopped my last period and I've started AGAIN It takes an average of 9 to 10 months, 2  and for a small minority of women up to 18 months, to regain fertility and begin ovulating after stopping Depo Provera. You should stop receiving your Depo injections about one year before you want to become pregnant Unforutnatley trying to concieve after depo is not so straight forward as you may expect!!! I have been off it for a year and still not had a propper period, have had odd days spotting, it takes at least 3 months to get out of your system and another possible 6 months to get your periiods back but in most cases you will find women still have not concieved after 1 year some 2 years!!

The Aftereffects of Coming off the Depo-Provera Shot

How soon you get pregnant after stopping the depo shot is different for everyone. For some people it can take up to 10 months for their ability to get pregnant to return to normal and for others it can happen much sooner. Your first period after stopping the depo provera shot can take several months to return My last shot was due November of 2014 but i didn't take it because I was no longer wanting to be on the depo shot. I got my period back on February 14th 2015 and its been 5 months now and im still on my period, im tired all the time, all i want to do is lay around and sleep, ive gained 10 lbs., im constantly depressed and moody, and my. As we have already mentioned, it is pretty much left up to chance when it comes to returning to normal after stopping the Depo Provera shot. Where one woman might begin ovulation and menstrual periods 3 short months after going off the shot, other women might take 9 or 10 months, or even longer Most girls get their first Depo-Provera® injection during the first 5-7 days of a normal menstrual period. You are then protected from pregnancy right after you get the injection

Off Depo Provera for 2 months and no period Menstrual

Oct. 26, 2009— -- For 15 years, Kae Guardi loved her Depo-Provera, taking injections of the synthetic birth control hormone once every three months and never having to worry about menstruating. But at age 48, nearing menopause, Gaurdi went off it for eight months and was overwhelmed with severe symptoms: nausea, breast tenderness and fatigue Yes, you can get pregnant after a Depo shot even if your regular period has not returned. This is because the body can ovulate without a period, too. You normally ovulate for around 2 weeks before your period. However, you will know for sure if you are ovulating when you have a regular monthly cycle and can track your ovulation and periods Menstrual Periods on the Depo Shot . After the first Depo shot, many women will experience irregular or unpredictable bleeding as the body gets used to the synthetic hormone. For many women on the Depo shot, periods will be light and often disappear after the first few months on the shot (that is called amenorrhea, or the absence of a period)

Off Depo Provera But Still No Period, What's Wrong

1. Although ovulation and menstruation cycles remain affected for several months, women may still fall pregnant after discontinuing the medication. Conception can occur as early as three to four months after the last shot, but some women take up to two years to fall pregnant, according to WebMD
  2. Pregnancy occurring during the use of the shot is usually an undetected pregnancy before the shot is given. One of the side effects of Depo-Provera is irregular menstrual bleeding. 50% of women will stop getting their period after 1 year of the shot. The period usually returns after stopping the shots, however, it can take 3 months to a year for the effects of Depo-Provera to wear off and.
  3. After a year of using the birth control shot, up to half of women report they no longer have periods. The absence of a period, which is called amenorrhea, is safe and common if you're on the shot...
  4. If you're taking a shot like Depo-Provera, about 80% of women on Depo-Provera don't have periods so you won't know when you're in menopause. Well, the same kind of strategy goes with Depo-Provera as it does with the hormone-containing IUD. You can just wait till you're a little older or you can stop, use a backup method

Depo-Provera - No Period on the shot?? - Drugs

Getting Pregnant and Infertility After Depo-Prover

1. Varies: After stopping the Depo-Provera the average time it takes is 2 -3 weeks, but it can vary up to eighteen months. 90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more
  2. I was on Depo from 2002 until June 2004. I became pregnant 3 months after my last shot wore off. I had horrible problems, weight gain, cervical dysplasia, headaches. Only advantage, no PERIOD.. I loved that. I said no more until the birth of my last child. Well, couldn't deal with the pds so on Depo I went again
  3. If your period does not return immediately, you have no way of knowing when you are ovulating, explains Dr. Stephanie McClellan, chief medical officer and director of well being at the Tia Clinic. Some women actually get pregnant after stopping the pill without experiencing a menstrual period because of unrecognized ovulation and.
  4. e stopped after my 1st shot tho and I regret not starting it sooner !! 1. View Entire Discussion (1 Comments
  5. Going through pads and tampons like I wasn't even wearing them. I was put on birth control pills at age 15. I was mortified and scared someone would find out and they didn't help. I started the Depo shot shortly after they came out after my son was born in 1991 and was hooked. My more periods, no weight gain, no more pain, nothing

When will I get my periods back after Depo-Provera

Given the timing of when you get the shot, it should start being effective from your next scheduled period. I found with mine that it did start to taper my period after the first injection but please keep in mind, not all women don't bleed on depo.. Generally speaking, unfortunately, there is no way for you to get your cycles back on track any faster. The Depo shot in general lasts 3 months, but it usually dwindles for a longer after the last shot. See a doctor who can help. Find Obgyns near you. The hormone stays in your blood from 120 to 200 days after the last shot The average amount of time it takes someone to get pregnant after stopping Depo is 9 to 10 months - this means about half of people who stop Depo will get pregnant within 10 months. I got a Depo shot 3 months ago but now I want to try to have a baby

Periods usually return when you stop talking the shot. Can I become pregnant after I stop using Depo-Provera®? You can become pregnant after taking Depo-Provera®. You could become pregnant as soon as 12 to 14 weeks after your last shot. It could also take up to a year or two to conceive after stopping this type of contraception AFTER STOPPING DEPO, I SPOTTED DARK RED BROWN DISCHARGE FOR A MONTH AND HALF.I HAVE BEEN ON DEPO ive been on depo since 2007 no periods at all,my shot was due on dec 26th but they couldnt till Jan9th. been four days I'm spotting. Can the Depo Shot Stop Your Period? The Depo Provera shot only contains progestin and no estrogen. Thus, it's not uncommon for women on this shot to experience irregular periods or spotting, especially in the first two to three months. However, according to AAFP, up to 50 percent of women experience amenorrhea, after the first year of. Depo works best if you get a new shot every 12 weeks. If your shot is more than 4 weeks late, you should get a pregnancy test before the next shot. You should use condoms for the next 7 days. How long after stopping Depo will I get my period? So there is no menstrual bleeding. You will get your menstrual period back within 6-18 months after you. Other side effects of Depo Provera can include headaches, nervousness, mood changes, bloating, hot flashes, decreased interest in sex, breast tenderness, acne, hair loss, and back ache. After the last shot of Depo Provera, it can take over 6 months for the drug to leave the body. During this period women also could experience brown discharge.

I was on Depo for 8 years, I had my last shot in Jul of 2011, switched to progesterone-only mini-pill in Oct of 2011 when my next shot was due. Stayed on those for a year, and stopped them in Oct of 2012 - had a normal period 28 days after my last pill and seem to have ovulated at cd 15, after LMP Sep 25th '14. I was on the DEPO shot for a little over 5 years, never once had a period while on it, a couple of times spotted a bit when I wiped. I then decided I want to get my body back on track cause I felt like that wasnt normal nor healthy. After a year off the DEPO with no periods or spotting I got pregnant Irregular periods after depo shot wears off (12 Posts) Add message | Report. All in, it was back to normal about 5 months after stopping the second time and about 3 months the third time. The first time I came off it I got pregnant before my periods started, but I was clearly ovulating 7 weeks after it stopped I was fine after 10 years on birth control pill, got pregnant first cycle. After my baby I went on Depo Provera shots instead and my doctor is telling me it could take up to 12-18 months for fertility to return... average is 6-10.... well I'm at 8 months since my last shot Constant Period. I had take the depo provera shot in October as a birth control measure after consulting with a gayenec. After a fortnight of which my period started and didn't stop. November. December. Late December I visited the gayenec and she prescribed Primolut N 30 in a descending dosage per day for a month

Many women stop having their menstrual periods after about 6-12 months of getting Depo-Provera® injections. This is no reason to worry. It's not a medical problem and it does not mean you are pregnant. You will get your menstrual period back within 6-18 months after you stop taking the Depo-Provera® injections If you are first starting the shot or the shot is late you need to wait 7 days to have protection. If it was 16 days after your shot there is no reason to think you are at risk of pregnancy. Hi! May 14, 2021 was the last day of my period. I got my first Depo Shot last May 20,2021

Video: Periods after coming off of Depo injection - Netmum

When do you Get your Period After Stopping Depo Provera

• After the first 2-3 shots, you may have no period at all. This is normal. • Your bones may become slightly weaker while you take Depo. This is not risky. Bone strength returns to normal once you stop getting the shot. • After you stop Depo, it takes a few months for your fertility to return to normal. This means that it may take a while. At a glance: the contraceptive injection. If used correctly, the contraceptive injection is more than 99% effective. It lasts for 8 or 13 weeks (depending on which injection you have) so you do not have to think about contraception every day or every time you have sex during this period I was given a depo shot in august 2010 and was told there would b abnormal bleeding for about 3 months. that bleeding lasted 4 months. now the only time im not bleeding is one week of every month. my mother suggested it was from stress and after an event in our life it would stop. well the event is over and now the bleeding is only getting. It can sometimes take up to 10 months or more to ovulate again and it can take up to 18 months for normal periods to restart. This is why the depo shot is not the recommended birth control for those who are hoping to have children within a year. Learn more about getting pregnant after depo here A few women have reported flu-like symptoms and unusual bleeding after stopping Depo-Provera, but there isn't much research on whether these things are linked. Other women report symptoms.

While you're receiving the shot, you may have a lighter period. Some women stop getting their period altogether while on Depo-Provera. When used perfectly, the effectiveness of the Depo-Provera. I been depo for a while since I had my son in 2018 but I stop taking my depo in 2021 in March but me and my partner been haven't unprotected after and before I got off . I haven't gotten no period . I be having pregnancy symptoms but when I take a test it says negative. Idk what's going , can I still get pregnan Depo Provera has been associated with a reduction in bone density. This improves after stopping Depo Provera. Cancer. The risk of endometrial cancer is reduced by 80%. There is no overall change in the rate of cancer of the cervix, the ovary or breast cancer. Does the injection protect you from sexually transmissible infections (STIs)? No Irregular, heavy bleeding or no bleeding at all are common side effects. The longer one uses Depo, the more likely it is your periods will stop all together. It takes some time for the body to readjust after taking Depo Provera for a long time. It may take 6 months to a year before you begin regular ovulation after an extended time on Depo After 1 or more years: 50% of women have no periods. Most women stop having their periods completely. After stopping Depo: Some women start their periods again immediately. For other women, it can take up to 1 year for their periods to begin again. Weight Gain weight—an average of 3 pounds in the first year an

1. You might stop having periods. The most common side effect of the shot is a change in a woman's bleeding pattern, Jason James, M.D., medical director at Miami's FemCare Ob-Gyn, tells SELF. In. The Depo-Provera Birth Control shot is a safe and convenient injection that a doctor gives you in the arm or buttocks. Each shot works for up to 12 to 14 weeks. Depo-Provera is a contraceptive method for women. It's made of a hormone similar to progesterone. Many people use the shot with no side effects at all I'm 21 now so years of issues from being on depo for years could put me in my late 20s, I would probably be ready by then. Has anyone came off of depo or know anyone that has that struggled with conceiving?? Also another question is I've read that once stopping the shot, women bleed non stop, & ik when I'm late I bleed nonstop After one year of use, most women experience fewer and lighter periods, and some women stop having periods completely. Irregular menstrual bleeding is the most common side effect of Depo-Provera, especially in the first year of treatment. Irregular menstrual bleeding refers to: Increased light spotting. Breakthrough bleeding

non stop bleeding after stopping depoProvera : Depo Provera Injection Price In Nigeria, Provera

Depo-provera is a brand name of injectile contraceptives. Compared to other contraceptioves available these are comparatively new. The contraceptive medicine is injected into the body and keeps releasing the pregnancy-hindering hormone in low dose.. Bleeding during sex on Depo. 3 years ago. Asked for Female, 19 Years. I am currently on the Depo Shot Contraceptive. I have recently be bleeding during/after sex and during an orgasm! Shortly after the bleeding stops completely. I've had a pap smear along with STI test and they have all come back clear Depo Provera Shot Depo-Provera Shot Depo-Provera, a contraception drug, is a synthetic hormone (progestin), which is injected under the skin. It is 95-99% effective in preventing pregnancy for 3 months. For continued protection against pregnancy, women must return every 3 months for another injection. Each time a shot is given, a high level of progestin [ Switching from the Depo-Provera shot to a birth control pill option is as simple as contacting your healthcare providing and starting a regimen of birth control pills once your Depo-Provera shot has worn off. While the Depo-Provera shot is an extremely effective birth control method, some women may experience side effects that they wish to alleviate by opting for another form of birth control Depo-Provera (also called the Depo Shot or DMPA) is a type of birth control that is administered by a shot. Depo Provera has the hormone progestin, which is responsible for preventing ovulation.One shot of Depo-Provera prevents pregnancy for up to 14 weeks.Prevention of ovulation stops the chances of pregnancy

Depo Provera shot/injection

After that year after, I finally stopped bleeding everyday & got one period on a 28 day cycle every month. It was July 06, when I got the second depo shot. October 2007, I was still bleeding. Fast forward, in September 07 my periods just started to be normal, the depo was finally getting out of my system, and I was ready to try a new form of b I have been on the depo for about two years. I just recently got off the shot on April 10th. I had my first period on May the 10th. it is now June the 18 and I have not had a period. i have been having sex frequently about two to three times a day. could I be pregnant or could my period be irregular because of the depo shot • After the first 2-3 shots, you may have no period at all. This is normal. • Your bones may become slightly weaker while you take Depo. Bone strength returns to normal after you stop getting the shot. • After you stop Depo, it takes a few months for your fertility to return to normal. This means that it may take a while for you to get. No period after depo; help tracking ovulation. I was on depo for a year (sept '10- aug '11). I was due to get my last shot nov 1 but since I am ttc I didn't go to get it. I never had a period on depo. I had spotting for 2 weeks after stopping but nothing since. If I'm not having a period, can I still ovulate? If I am ovulating how will I know How long did your period take to come back after coming off depo. And was that since your last shot or since it ran out? Vote. No period after depo. Fertility / Ovulation. Close. Vote. Posted by 5 minutes ago. No period after depo. Fertility / Ovulation. How long did your period take to come back after coming off depo. If people hear it.

Facts About Starting and Stopping Depo Prover

A missed period after getting off the pill can be expected as your cycle regulates itself again. But how many is too many? Here are a few reasons why you may not be getting your period on the regs. After a month of feeling like this the feeling subsided so I thought ah I'll have the second injection; BIG mistakeI am now at the same point I was last time and I'm going mad..crying , angry NO SEX DRIVE my boyfriend is a saint for putting up with me.and not to mention constant menstrual cramps and I've been spotting/ bleeding since. You may become fertile any time after 12 weeks after your most recent depo shot. No one can tell you when. Remember that your period starts 2 weeks (14 days) after the ovaries release an egg. There is no way to know in advance when ovulation will happen for sure. Because sperm can stay alive inside the woman's body for up to 7 days, pregnancy. Hi Dawn. I am 46, in peri for 1.5years + approx & like you was on depo shot for years. I really got on with depo - no periods, stable mood etc. until just over 2yrs ago started getting irreg, prolonged bleeding that got more & more painful as time went on. in agreement with my gp we tried watching & waiting, decreasing the interval between. How to get pregnant after stopping the use of depo Provera, the injectable birth control method, is a very common question. Women who have just stopped receiving injections and would like to get pregnant as soon as possible may wonder what that effective for at least three months really means, and when they will regain their fertility

Some women stop having their periods while on the Depo Provera shot while other women have longer periods while on the shot during and after the taking the shot. Other women experience migraines. Other effects may include: facial hair growth, nausea, dizziness, mood swings, depression, bloating, difficulty sleeping, backaches, acne, and skin. Sometimes, you will have lighter periods and on other occasions no period at all. It is common for your period to stop after taking the shot, but even if you have it, it could be much lighter than your regular period. While the Depo shot works quite well, it is still a good idea to take a pregnancy test after regular intervals

coming off the depo injection no period - Netmum

Depo-Provera - a hormone injection - is among many birth control methods. The Depo shot provides you with a high dose of progestin, which is a synthetic version of progesterone. It is important to understand that after taking Depo Provera, your body may stop the production of the hormone and keep your ovaries from releasing an egg Depo Provera can cause prolonged spotting (bleeding is usually light and not like a period), especially after the initial administration. The adjustment period is about three months Irregular, heavy, or no bleeding are common side effects of Depo-Provera. Irregular or prolonged bleeding is more common when a woman first starts using Depo, or when restarting Depo after not using it for awhile. After a year of use, many women stop having periods. Lack of a period becomes increasingly common with longer use

Bleeding after depo provera wears off, getting off depo

Depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA) is an injectable contraceptive that has been used by approximately 1 in 5 adolescents and adult women in the United States who have had sex 1.Depot medroxyprogesterone acetate is a highly effective contraceptive that affords privacy (similar to an intrauterine system) and has a convenient dose schedule of four times per year, making it appealing to many. withdrawal symptoms after stopping medroxyprogesterone acetate, MPA (brand name Depo-Provera). The reported withdrawal symptoms included: feeling of having a viral infection with fatigue, eye pain, visual disturbance, itching, restlessness, agitation, shaking, nausea and shortness of breath. Th

What Are the Side Effects & Disadvantages of Depo-Provera

Depo-Provera is 94% effective at preventing pregnancy when it's administered correctly. It works immediately if you get the shot during your period — no need for backup birth control. If not given during your period, you'll need to use backup birth control for a week after the injection The Depo shot is an injection containing a form of progestin used to prevent pregnancy. Like other progestin methods of birth control (like the mini pill and progestin IUDs), the Depo shot prevents pregnancy by doing several things including: thickening cervical mucus to prevent sperm from getting to the uterus, preventing ovulation (the release of an egg), and thinning the uterine wall. It is easy to use; you just need to get a shot every 11 to 13 weeks. Are there side effects with Depo Provera®? Depo Provera® may cause side effects such as: changes in your period or no period at all; in fact, you may have irregular bleeding for up to a year and then not bleed at all weight gai

Side Effects of Stopping Depo-Provera - Our Bodies Ourselve

Nearly 75% of women have no periods after a year of use, although breakthrough bleeding is very common. Birth control shots are taken every 90 days. Many women may not want or have time to visit. After that ninety day period, it can take a while for the body to resume normal fertile patterns, especially for women who have been on Depo-Provera for a year or more. When women on Depo decide to stop the shots and start trying to conceive, it usually takes a few more months after the most recent shot for the Depo hormones to flush out of the. Depo-Provera is a liquid form of hormones that enter a woman's body through an injection and they start their works to stop ovulation. These birth shots are also known as DMPA that block all the possible ways that can support transportation of sperms and help to meet with eggs. Because of these blockage sperms unable to meet with any eggs and.

allergic reaction to shampoo - pictures, photosBirth Control Shot in Rochester | Depo Provera Shots